Some information, either on its own or when mixed with other information, can be used to tell one person apart from another. In other words, to identify someone. Data Protection laws call this information 'Personal Data'. This could be anything from a name and contact email address right the way through to information that tells someone where you are right now reading this privacy notice (I don't collect that sort of information, so don't panic!).
In this area, you can find out more about how I use your personal data (what little of it I collect). Please click on each of the tabs below to reveal the content and find out more. If you have any queries as you are going along, please do get in touch!
I collect in different types of Personal Data based on how I am working with you. I've summarised this below;
- To subscribe to my blog I need your email address with your consent (Article 6(1)) which I only keep as long as you consent to receive updates.
- To send an enquiry to me I need your contact details with your consent (Article 6(1)) which I only keep for no more than 6 weeks after your query is answered.
- To provide services to you I need your contact details and use this under our mutual obligations to deliver a contracted service to you (Article 6(2)) which I keep for the duration of the contract plus 6 years.
- To manage any financial matters I will need your bank details as part of that contracted service to you (Article 6(2)) which I keep for the duration of the contract plus 6 years.
- To advertise my events, offers and services I need your email address with your consent (Article 6(1)) which I only keep as long as you consent to receive updates.
All of my applications and systems reside data within the European Union. For full details of where your data may go please visit the links below.
I would like to say with round the clock minions and ninja unicorns as that would be rather cool but unfortunately its more mundane than that. I currently use Officer 365 for my file and email storage system which stores information in the EU.
The website, while it has a WordPress access portal, is hosted by CloudTree Ltd here in the UK.
You can find out more information on how both systems protect data via the links below. Otherwise, given what I do, I am always training myself on Data Protection and Security and this policy outlines how I handle your data (personal or otherwise).
I'm not, unless I legally have to. For a variety of reasons client confidentiality is maintained at all times unless you give me expressed permission to the contrary. This includes any personal data that may form part of our support or contract.
If HMRC ever ask to see my books your basic personal data that forms part of an invoice may be disclosed to them as part of my formal accounts.
That is about it really. I don't do any 'Cambridge Analytica' type profiling or analytics stalkerish nonsense on your data as I don't have the time, inclination or the valid justification for doing so. I keep my operation simple so hopefully, this privacy notice is nice and simple to understand.
I do not meet the requirement for a Data Protection Officer however while I also do not meet the requirement for registration with the ICO I have registered regardless and can be found under reference ZA360523.
At any time you can contact me for a copy of what I hold on you and if you believe anything I have is incorrect you can ask me to correct it or, where appropriate, delete it.
If you have any questions or concerns please get in touch via email@example.com.
Similarly, if you like the look and feel of this privacy notice and would like help with your own please do get in touch.
Organisations that we work with
Below are some of the organisations that we partner with either on projects or in order to deliver the services we offer and host the data we collect.